Feeling seduced by temptation? Arm yourself with these five Bible verses for strength and resolve in life’s challenging moments. All verses are taken from the New International Version.
1) 1 Corinthians 10:13: “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”
2) Matthew 26:41: “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
3) Ephesians 6:11: “Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.”
4) James 1:12: “Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.”
5) James 4:7: “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”